Register Your Trademark in South Korea
Protect your brand with our trademark registration service. Choose from a wide selection of local trademark attorneys, benefit from low flat fees, assured quality, and enjoy online monitoring throughout the process
From $500 + govt fees from $47/class
An AI-powered IP assistant that helps you create a detailed assignment within minutes.
Selection of the most suitable local trademark attorney based on specific criteria.
Trademark search, review of goods and services, consultation, and application filing done by an attorney.
Online monitoring and reporting on the platform throughout the entire process.
More than 800 IP law firms from 150+ countries, ranking and reviews
An AI-powered IP assistant that helps create tasks and find relevant attorneys
Flat fees, secure and fast online payments with guaranteed results
24/7 access to the registration process and online data storage for all your cases
Get all necessary information about working on the iPNOTE platform
Trademark Registration in South Korea
Trademarks are essential for businesses to establish their brand identity and protect their products or services from being copied or imitated. In South Korea, trademarks are protected under the Trademark Act, which provides a strong legal framework for trademark registration and enforcement in the country.
Benefits of Trademark Registration in South Korea:
- Brand Protection: Registering a trademark in South Korea gives a business the exclusive right to use their brand name, logo, or slogan, preventing others from using a similar mark.
- Consumer Trust: A registered trademark adds credibility and trust to a brand, making it easier for consumers to identify and choose their products or services.
- Market Expansion: Trademark registration in South Korea allows businesses to expand their market and reach a wider audience, as well as prevent others from using their brand in other countries.
IP Registration Statistics in South Korea:
According to the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO), there were 285,300 trademark applications filed in South Korea in 2019, a 6.6% increase from the previous year.
Key Points and Requirements for Trademark Registration in South Korea:
- Distinctiveness: To be eligible for trademark registration, a mark must be distinctive and not similar to any existing trademarks.
- Filing Process: The trademark application must be submitted to the KIPO, along with a clear representation of the mark and details of the goods or services it will be used for.
- Duration: A registered trademark in South Korea is valid for 10 years from the date of filing and can be renewed indefinitely.
How to Register a Trademark in South Korea?
To find your intellectual property lawyer in South Korea through iPNOTE, you should:
- Fill out a short form to create an account on the platform.
- Create a task for trademark registration in the desired region. We operate in South Korea and worldwide.
- Choose a contractor from the providers we recommend.
- Receive the completed documentation.
If you're not satisfied with the result, we will provide a refund. If you find the selected contractor unsuitable during the course of work, we'll offer a replacement.