Register Your Design in the United States
Protect your product appearance, packaging, ornament, interface or interior with our industrial design registration service. Choose from a wide selection of local design attorneys, benefit from low flat fees, assured quality, and enjoy online monitoring throughout the process
From $600 + govt fees from $204
An AI-powered IP assistant that helps you create a detailed assignment within minutes.
Selection of the most suitable local design attorney based on specific criteria.
Drafting of a description, preparation of drawings, and filing of the application done by an attorney.
Online monitoring and reporting on the platform throughout the entire process.
More than 800 IP law firms from 150+ countries, ranking and reviews
An AI-powered IP assistant that helps create tasks and find relevant attorneys
Flat fees, secure and fast online payments with guaranteed results
24/7 access to the registration process and online data storage for all your cases
Get all necessary information about working on the iPNOTE platform
Design Patent in the USA
Features and Reasons for Registration
The unique appearance of your product can also be protected by a design patent to prevent copying and unauthorized use. A design patent provides the same rights as an invention patent, allowing you to control the object of the patent, derive profit from it, and take legal action against those who use it unlawfully.
Key Features of a Design Patent
- Registration Requirements: The design must be purely visual, unrelated to the functionality of the product, and an integral part of it.
- Simplified Protection Procedures: In order to determine infringement of your design rights, the court only needs to compare the appearance of your product with that of the opposing party.
In general, registering a design patent is easier and more cost-effective.
When and Why to Register a Design Patent?
To file an application for registration, you need to gather several documents:
- A detailed description and title.
- Images of the product from different angles and in various formats, along with their descriptions.
- An application for registration.
- Confirmation of your identity and applicant information.
- Receipts for paid application fees.
However, patenting the design itself may not always be advisable. In some cases, it is better to secure copyright for the image or register a trademark, including the product design as a distinctive feature. Additionally, there is a specific type of patent for industrial design.
To determine whether it is worth registering the design separately in your case and to prepare the necessary application documents, it is recommended to consult with a lawyer. You can do it yourself, but working with a professional significantly simplifies the process.
Who to Consult for Design Patents?
Find a lawyer to work with comfortably on the iPNOTE platform. We have a vast database of providers from the United States and around the world.
- We manually verify licenses and credentials to ensure the competence of each specialist and company.
- In the provider's profile, you can see reviews from previous clients who have worked with them.
- You are guaranteed to find a qualified lawyer to handle your task. The maximum search period is 48 hours.
- Our providers' services are typically 2-5 times more affordable than those of major firms.
iPNOTE protects your interests — you can even change the provider after starting the work and request a refund if the collaboration result does not meet your requirements. Register on iPNOTE and easily delegate the handling of intellectual property matters to professional lawyers.